Celebrate in one of Berwyn’s finest historic
Chicago style bungalows !
Where and When?
Saturday, June 2, 2012, 3 PM to 9 PM, 2827 S. Maple Ave., Berwyn IL
What Do You Get?
For just $50.00 per person, you will get an afternoon and evening of quality entertainment, including:
- A silent auction with items from 16th Street Theater, Jack’s Rental, James & Williams Jewelers, Tamale Hut Café and more.
- Open bar with beer and wine.
- Food from Tamale Hut Café.
- Tequila bar 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. sponsored by Antronio’s Bar & Grill.
- Martini bar 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- An opportunity to learn about the Berwyn Bungalow Preservation Initiative and other CoHo programs.
- An opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts of historically significant homes and adaptive reuse.
Where Will the Money Go?
The proceeds from this event will go to ensure that Berwyn’s historic housing stock, transportation access and livability is maintained and promoted.
- If you believe that Berwyn’s biggest asset is its historic housing stock,
- If you believe that Berwyn’s location and public transportation access are key to its future,
- If you believe that Berwyn is a livable community, with walkable and bicycle friendly streets, and would like to keep it that way,
Then you believe in our Mission!
How to get there?
The event is easily accessible via public transit and car:
- BNSF Metra to Harlem Avenue. Walk 0.6 mile north to event.
- CTA Green or Blue Line to Harlem Avenue, Pace 307 bus (Harlem Avenue) south to Harlem/Riverside Drive. Walk 0.1 mile east to event.
- CTA Pink Line to 54th/Cermak. CTA 21 bus (Cermak Road) west to Cermak/Home. Walk 0.8 mile southwest to event.
- I-290 or I-55 to Harlem Avenue. Harlem to 29th Street. 29th St. east 1 block to Maple Avenue. Street parking available on Maple and 29th Street.
You can also click here for a Google map and directions
How to buy tickets?
You can buy raffle tickets as well as tickets to the event from any of the Board Members or from Tamale Hut Cafe, 8300 W. Cermak, or online via the link below.
The grand prize for the raffle is a 35 mm photograph by local artist Jesus Arellanes, of a beloved Berwyn landmark, overlayed with another photograph and altered. 20×30″ on canvas. Among his accomplishments, Mr. Arellanes made it to the final of the Mountain Dew Green Label Art Challenge in 2011. Click here for additional information.
The second prize will be by Mr. Sean Gallagher, details to follow.
Mr. Arellanes and Mr. Gallagher have been strong supporters of City of Homes, and have provided us with numerous volunteering hours.
This event could not have been possible without the generous support of: